Pages

31 Dec 2011

'Bye 365 days...Welcome 366!



Wrong New Year's Eve, right?


Every NYE I have a drink from this glass to remind me that we all make mistakes and we can all move on after them. It is half of a pair that my sister gifted us (my first husband and I) at our engagement party on that date 26 years ago. The only reason I keep them is the historical significance.
Oh No!.... not historical personal  significance but historical astronomical significance. That was the year Halley's Comet passed over the world and Australia in particular. You can see the interpretation of the comet on the other side of the glass and that's why there are stars and a partial moon also.
I should have realised that comets can burn out quickly and that's what happened to the marriage. It sizzled along for 3 years and went out with a bang and a lot of small after explosions. I'm left with a couple of satellites from the explosion in the form of 2 wonderful kids that I love to pieces and they love me the same.
Just goes to show that one can find positives in most negatives.
'Nuff  negative reminiscing....





Here's to a positive 2012...
New Year - New Experiences....lots of love, support and creativity and wishing all my followers the same and whatever else makes their universe turn :D! 

Cheers!
Robyn






Footnote: please excuse the not so great photography – clear curved glass has its own reflective and mirroring properties that this amateur hasn’t worked out how to make work in a positive way and I haven't started on the wine yet :P. Another experience to add to the bucket list!

2 comments:

  1. Oh God was Halley's comet that long ago?? I lost your blog address and now I've found you again yay!!! Happy New Year! toni xxx

    ReplyDelete