Pages

9 Dec 2011

On My Mind...Handmade Christmas gifts

This is a Friday feature over at Down To Earth that anyone with a blog can join. To take part, post a photo on your own blog, write a short caption explaining it and link it back to the Down To Earth blog by saying you're part of 'On My Mind'. Please write a new post, don't link to an older one. When you’ve done that go to Down To Earth blog and add a comment below the “On My Mind” post with a link to your blog. 


I’ve been in a few swaps lately and become a bit behind on some but the last one will be posted today.
These bags were made for 2 different Christmas swaps. If thet ri-pocket striped one looks familiar it’s because it’s the second one I’ve made but the fabrics are reversed and the pockets have been modified. It was for an online swap at Our Craft Forum. The card holder below it was an added extra.






This Christmas colours one was made for a local swap and it’s the first lined one I’ve made and also the first with an inside pocket. I should have been making these before as they are easier than I thought and are done using a modified pattern of the grocery bags with the handles sandwiched between the layers of lining and outside fabric then topstitching along the opening for extra strength.




I can see me making a supply of these for future gifts in various sizes and maybe with pieced or patchworked exteriors.

Now I have some family gifts to make. Some have been begun and others are either planned on paper or planned in my head!
How are you going with your Christmas list?

Cheers,
Robyn

3 comments:

  1. As the lucky recipient of the striped bag I can testify that it is a welcome, and useful, swap! This is one bag that will not recline in a cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, Robyn. Nothing like handmade stuff for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bags You picked really pretty material
    Kim

    ReplyDelete