Pages

30 May 2013

Souffle, Mon Amies!

Apologies to any Mon Amis that also read this blog :O! I also thought this should have a French post title as it was a French recipe :).

As my sponge cakes can turn out more like sponges than light as air treats I've put off trying to make a souffle for as long as I've had the recipe.......28 years.

However, having an excess of eggs at the moment - 4 dozen and the chooks keep delivering - I decided last night to make something egg based that wasn't a dessert, as I'm trying to lose weight, and decided if it was a 6 egg flop the cats or dogs would enjoy it and the family could have toasted sandwiches for tea *wink*.

Well, it didn't turn out too bad, even though the baking dish was a bit big for it. I didn't think to take a photo before cooking it to show how much it rose.



I'm quite pleased with my first souffle and now that I've done chicken and mushroom, I'll be trying other flavours for the savoury ones and have my eye on the chocolate souffle and the strawberry souffle for desserts. I'll just have to restrict the last two to taste testing only though (roll eyes.....I wish!).

Cheers,
Robyn xo


2 comments:

  1. Oh - looks yummy - and not just because I'm hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Robyn, you are a brave cook. I think I've avoided souffles for over 40 years! And I'm pretty good with sponge cakes.
    You are very lucky to have such good layers...down here the cold affects the chickens' laying abilities and so many of my friends with chickens don't have so many eggs over winter.
    I look forward to your future creations. (Yes...I'd be tempted to make pavlovas...and then use the yolks to make custards and creme brulees).

    ReplyDelete