Pages

19 May 2013

Belated Mother's Day Gift and Local Markets

Received my Mother's Day gift from my two adult kids in the mail yesterday and I LOVE IT !



Took my Mum to to visit the local Handmade/Homegrown markets at Gladstone, NSW today. They were wonderful. Stalls with jewellery, knitted goods, plants, preserves, paintings, foods of all kinds - including cheese and ice cream made from buffalo milk and cream from Ausbuff, Eungai.

All the food stalls had samples you could try and we did sample a few items but had to restrain ourselves from becoming greedy as it was all so yum.

We had peking duck spring rolls and Holy Goat coffee for lunch...mmmmmmm :).

Guess which doofus left her camera at home? Mum bought brandy orange marmalade, blue vein cheese from Dorrigo and a jar of Buffalo spiced quark. I did, however, take a photo after I arrived home of some delicious marmalade I bought.


If you are ever in my area on the Mid North Coast of NSW, Australia do visit the Gladstone markets beside the mighty Macleay River. They are held on the 3rd Sunday of the month from 9am - 2pm.

Cheers,
Robyn xo



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous necklace! What thoughtful children you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just the necklace I would choose! I loved the label on that jam, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is gorgeous Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely necklace. sounds like a great market with lots of home made treats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robyn, that necklace is lovely. I am still waiting for my Mother's Day present. I believe it went in the mail today. LOL!

    ReplyDelete