Pages

16 Apr 2013

Triple treat

Yesterday I went to have my blood test and bugger me, after fasting overnight and driving 40km into town I discovered I'd left my referral at home! The lovely ladies at the lab suggested I pop up to the surgery and ask if it was possible to have another one as the surgery was fairly good about this sort of thing. They were probably thinking early seniors moment!

I did so but I think my new doctor doesn't trust me to be an amenable patient as I ended up with another consultation. After enquiring about my bp readings at home and my diet he took my blood pressure and it was 115/78.....perfect! I gave him a smug look and said "I told you we're all stubborn women in my family and I could do this".  He just shook his head and smiled at me but reminded me not to go off my tablets as he gave me a new referral.

After the blood test and some tripping around town on my little high I arrived home to be greeted by another wonderful sunset, and fortunately I've been carting the camera everywhere with me, after missing a few golden opportunities lately.

It took 3 tries to find the right manual combo that gave me a picture that showed what I was seeing:


5:35:22pm
f2.8 Exposure 1/125
Washout



5:35:46pm
f2.8 Exposure 1/250
still too pale




5:36:04
f2.8 Exposure 1/320
not quite the vibrant colours my eyes were seeing

5:36:38 GOT IT!
f2.8 Exposure 1/400



and of course, just wondering what it would look like taken up once more to f2.8 1/500 at 5:37:06 and it's not too bad either, though a bit dark.


Have you noticed the coloured clouds at the top of the photos disappearing and the yellow becoming less? It all faded away in 94 seconds!


The third treat was when I arrived in the house to discover an overseas parcel waiting for me. Oh yay, my prize had arrived from Tracy! My very first signed copy of a book, Chorus of the Dead, that I won back here and not only that it is the first in a new series .




I'm going to read it all over again as book 2 in the series called "Dead Silent" will be available in the next few months :D.  Can't wait to see how that reads!

Cheers,
Robyn xo

2 comments:

  1. Your sunset is beautiful :)

    Unfortunately my Kodak "instant" camera is not adjustable, so I, too, battle to capture the colours that I am actually visualizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sunset and WELL DONE on your bp and cholesterol!

    ReplyDelete