Pages

8 Jul 2012

Growing my Own....part one

ROFLOL, bet that title grabbed your attention!

It's all legal and above board though as I'm growing my own vegetables again not anything else J.  


Top left : Southern side of the garden after trimming the River Oak and the old Mulberry tree.
Top right : Northern side before the weed clearing.
Bottom left : Southern side after cleanup - levelling the first bed
Bottom right : Northern side after preliminary cleanup - digging out bed 2 pre filling and levelling.



Top left : First two beds completed and all the trimmings from trees burnt. Bed 1 with asparagus crowns, fortnight old bush peas and globe radish seeds planted. Bed 2 seeded with chatenay carrot, kohl rabi, globe radish and some spring onion seedlings. Cardboard covers are over bed as a big storm was in sight and I didn't want the freshly planted seeds disturbed from a downpour. The 'box' at left is my seedling tent.
Top right : The strawberry box at rear. Chive seedlings, at front, from the seeds I'd planted at the same time as I began clearing.
Bottom left : Inside my seedling tent - pak choi and lettuce seedlings - with broccoli and spinach seeds in the punnets at rear.
Bottom right : The skins the possum leaves after helping itself to an orange (or a few) nearly every night. You can't see it properly but there's a little possum "message" at the corner of the bricks - yuk!


Now something for the possum lovers. My orange thief!


Cheers, 
Robyn



1 comment:

  1. Your project could properly be called turning a wilderness into a garden!! Your soil is dark Robyn ... ours is more red. When I was last in NZ I brought home some knitting wool ... part merino, part possum; perhaps if you tell that orange thief that little fact it might go elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete