Pages

11 Jan 2011

UFO's/WIP's???

I’ve just joined Sew It’s Finished so I’ve been looking through my stash and I have a few started and a few more planned that need to be done....this year.
The list of UFO/WIP so far is :
·        Quilting and finishing DGS Bob the builder quilt
·        Making a quilt from some heart blocks I’ve received for newest DGD
·        Making ‘something’ with 12”  ‘Squaredance’ blocks from a swap 3(?) years ago – hmmm a lap quilt for winter.
Now for ‘Must do this year’ that haven’t been started :
·        Make DS a quilt before November 1st.
·        Make a planned gift for an overseas friend.
·        Try to make at least one Christmas gift each month.
This doesn’t look like much but DGS quilt is the first actual quilt I’ve done. I’ve quilted potholders, oven gloves, needlecases, bookcovers and other items but not anything this big and I don’t FME yet. Lol, that’s another thing I have to start doing this year - FME! 
This is where I'm up to with DGS quilt so far:

I'm going to self bind this quilt as the backing fabric is a bit heavier than the quilt front fabric.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the explanation of FME chick.
    I too found it strange blogging on someone else's blog!
    Totally weird feeling, but I'm getting used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn That is such a cute quilt. I love to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, so many acronyms! I think I've worked out most of them... lol! I love the Bob the Builder quilt! Very cute!!!
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Bob The Builder quilt. One happy DGS i would think.

    ReplyDelete