Pages

7 Jan 2011

This is on my mind....

The General has been missing for 2 days. He's our Indian Runner cross drake. DH finally told me this morning that General has been a bit weak for a few days. General was a good leader of his flock of ducks, a master escapee when it came to finding a way out of the pen, as he also liked some solitary time, and a great pet. We think he just found a nice quiet hidden place and had his final sleep and it has to be in the area just east of the house as he's left us the faint aroma of his depart which comes with the late afternoon breeze. He was 12 years old and fowling friends tell me that's really old age for a duck. I'll have difficulty replacing him.

RIP old boy :(.

6 comments:

  1. RIP General. I'm sorry he's gone, Robyn. What a wonderful thing to have a duck for such a long time. I'm sure you have many great memories of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Robyn, General was so beautiful! I'm so sorry to hear that he has crossed the Rainbow Bridge, but he did have a good, long life. I know you'll miss him!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful, unique friend you have had. sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear about your duck.I know how attached you become. I live on a farm and get attached to my animals to. I read your (about me) we have a lot in common you and I. I love sewing and I farm but I especially love the bush. I will drop by again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your nice comments. His 'girls' are a bit 'lost' at the moment too.

    ReplyDelete