Pages

10 Mar 2013

Pit stop and Op-shop

Didn't start off well last Thursday as the car decided on an unscheduled halt on the way to town. Twenty minutes later, after jiggling everything under the bonnet and finally undoing the petrol cap, it started again. The mechanic couldn't find anything obviously wrong with it but we both agreed it's probably the fuel pump so that will be fixed in a fortnight when the registration check is done - now that I've received the paperwork. Meanwhile, loosening the petrol cap seems to correct the vacuum problem so I just hope it isn't pouring rain if I'm going somewhere and the car decides it needs a pit stop!

While the mechanic was checking things with his little electronic gadgets and tools I decided some therapeutic op-shopping would help with the stress already suffered and apart from buying a single bed size 100% wool blanket, a few "necessary" pieces of fabric, daggy bags with wooden handles that I can use on bags I create.... and buttons, I also found myself a new sewing basket.




Well, actually, it's probably a picnic basket but I'm going to use it for a sewing basket. I couldn't leave it there when it only cost $8, and now that I've lined it to prevent errant pins and needles from slipping through the weave, I just have to decide what items to place in it. The mug is in there for size comparison and I still need to Dubbin the leather strap.
 



I also found a twisted string bag, for 80c, that will do nicely for carrying my fruit and veges in when I shop :D.


Lol, I'll just have to wait for some more sunshine to take photos of items I've sewn without needing to take them outside. It's not the "outside" that's the problem though, it's the 4 legged furry feline assistants that have a fabric fetish!

Cheers,
Robyn xo

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed the fuel problem is only temporary! Wonderful bargains ... I have one of those baskets for some of my sewing, and it is full to overflowing.
    Just read about all the water you have had Robyn ... the weather has a lot to answer for, but today we had much needed rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds! I LOVE the basket.

    ReplyDelete