Pages

20 Oct 2012

Camera Experiments - Apertures and Shutter Speed

I topped up my rose vinegar jar this morning and noticed the way the morning sunlight made patterns through the liquid. Definitely deserving of a photograph....and then I thought I'd take the opportunity to muck around with apertures and shutter speeds.


First I set the apertures and here's a sample of my results



The angle the photo is taken from can also affect the outcome. No yellow in the colour behind the jar.




Then I fiddled with the speed for some interesting results


I should have been trying this a long time ago instead of using auto most of the time and I haven't even tried playing with the white balance yet. In the future I'll use the tripod as I want to photo moving objects. LOL, I must find the "safe place" I've stored the operational CD for the camera and study it a bit more.


My thanks to Saffron Craig for the link in the inspirations section of her newsletter to Bijou Lovely's tips for better blog photos and also to Holly of bijoulovelydesigns for the link to The Pioneer Woman's  easy to understand, and sooo funny, posts on aperture and shutter speeds and how to use them.

I should be able to post much better blog photos soon and my scrapbooking layouts should also improve :D


Cheers,
Robyn xo

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and interesting experiment!
    So happy you've been with us on the Blogtoberfest12 ride... can you believe we're almost done?
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete