Pages

16 Sept 2011

On My Mind....Op-shopping


This is a Friday feature over at Down To Earth that anyone with a blog can join. To take part, post a photo on your own blog, write a short caption explaining it and link it back to the Down To Earth blog by saying you're part of 'On My Mind'. Please write a new post, don't link to an older one. When you’ve done that go to Down To Earth blog and add a comment below the “On My Mind” post with a link to your blog. 
If you don't want to join you can start out by looking and maybe commenting :)!

As a little reward for finally reaching 100 posts I bought myself a few things at my favourite op-shop – the Anglican Church one. I feel a bit guilty as the whole lot only cost me $3.05 because they were having a 50% off sale on clothing and fabrics.

This shirt is for me and it’s practically brand new. I like my shirts a bit big and loose in summer and usually prefer long sleeves so I don’t suffer sunburn.


I’ve been thinking it’s about time I made my first shirt that isn’t from stretch material and this fabric fits the purpose nicely. The zips are for other sewing projects (5c each :O) and I can always find a use for paper ribbon.


I bought this one for my grandson as green suits him and there’s Velcro tabs on the pockets so no frustrations there.

As I need to do a cleanout now that DD12 has grown so tall I know exactly where any donations are going to :D.

Cheers,
Robyn 

7 comments:

  1. Came to visit your blog from Down to Earth.

    I love finding a good bargain in the op shops, must be time I paid them another visit.

    Looks like you got some great things there!

    Oh and I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn - congrats on your 100 posts!
    You had a good time at the Op Shop...love the red shirt.
    It's great when they have a 50% off sale - I like them too :D) Don't feel guilty, am sure you've donated much more than you've bought over the years - sounds like some more donations real soon!
    Cheerio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea that there is so much available in op shops and that every time you purchase you are recycling. Isn't it great to find a treasure or a bargain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is where I buy all my best clothes but in Canada . I guess it is the best way around the world Good buys. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good bargain! Don't feel guilty, feel successful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I tried leaving the comment before, but it erased - if it's a double, please excuse! Anyway, great post - I always love finding a bargain while thrifting and I love hearing about other people's bargains as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting everyone :).
    Mrs F, as both comments were relevant I published them.
    Susan, it's actually a burnt orange shirt. I should fix that in Microsoft Picture Manager and repost it as red is not my colour!

    ReplyDelete