Pages

23 Sept 2011

On My Mind......recycling, re-using, upcycling...

...call it what you like but it's better to find another use for something that has fulfilled it's original purpose than throw it in the rubbish, burn it or otherwise 'waste' it.

Before.....


and after.

I op-shop about fortnightly and if a fabric item is still there on my second visit then I figure someone has had a chance to obtain it for it's original purpose and now it is mine to redesign. Lately I've been in need of some shopping bags so I found a pattern online then modified it a bit as I have an overlocker(serger) and also the original pattern was a bit fussy. I have enough 100% cotton fabric left  for 3 more bags for gifts and a couple of button down cushions from the opening end of the doona cover J! Great value for $3 and my time.


See what's on other's minds at the Down To Earth blog!

Cheers,
Robyn

8 comments:

  1. Great value indeed. And the bags look great! Well done, I must do more recycling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, Rob! What a bargain that fabric was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bags. I had to look close to see the clothes pegs. Read a great article about clothes pegs and what it says about a person. Looks like your normal ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to re-use and recycle, and I really love the bags.
    Nice job!


    visiting from Down To Earth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your Op Shop ethics Robyn - waiting to see if something's going to be used for its original purpose.
    What a great re-use!
    They look smart too :D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bags are AMAZING! I hope the knitting needles get to you soon.HAPPY CRAFTING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations of 100 blogs, no idea what I'm up to. A a fellow recycler I applaud your bags. Great job. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is a bargain. The bags look great!

    ReplyDelete