Pages

17 Aug 2010

Tuesday Treasures

I finally remembered! This little chair was made for me by my much loved Grandfather about a year before he died. He covered it with bright red vinyl. I was 3 years old when he gave it to me. The frame is curved, welded steel. My step-father recovered it for my eldest daughter when she was 4. He couldn't find a similar red colour to the original so he chose this nice maroon. It has also been used by my youngest daughter. My eldest daughter will inherit it as I know she will look after it and treasure it as it was made with love and repaired with love.

5 comments:

  1. What a little cutie and such a lovely treasure to pass down the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn what a lovely chair , so full of love and memories ! Thanks so much for playing along .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely chair. Being made with love and repaired with love makes it a real treasure. I am glad you remembered today as this is a real treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great chair and story - it looks comfortable too! Hugz
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet chair with wonderful memories !

    ReplyDelete