Pages

18 Aug 2010

Stitching and faux stitching

I've never stitched anything but buttons on cards and layouts before so to just stitch, or decorate something like it is stitched, is a new direction for me.

As the layout had to have real stitching on it I scrapped my sewing then bordered it with stitching. Seemed logical to me at the time!



This card was made with the thought of sending it to a quilting friend so the challenge sketch became a quilter's table with fat quarters stacked on one side and 'pinked', basted (faux stitching using a gel pen) pieces of fabric across the other with ribbon and 'calico' looking pieces, topped by a flower. The dimensional effect is a bit lost in this photo.

The little pockets inside were my own addition. Lol, I didn't crop that photo very well :p.







Just to top it off I won prizes with each of them on different sites :).

No comments:

Post a Comment