Pages

30 Apr 2022

Pay it Forward - Another way to Recycle

Over the years the local Pay it Forward Facebook page has enabled us to acquire items at no cost in the couple of years we have lived here. 

 An A-frame hen house with the posts and wire for a small outside run.


Cement blocks that became our compost containers. 

A kitchen sink and taps, destined to be installed as part of a potting table.

Many bricks , some of which became edging for the vegetable beds.

Most of these were going to be taken to the tip if not collected. 

We have offered fire wood from the trees that have been cut down, eggs on occasions we have an excess, apricots when I couldn't keep up with processing of them into jam etc., and books we no longer read or use.

Are there any ways of Paying it Forward or Bartering where you live?

Cheers,
Robyn.

2 comments:

  1. I give my extra lemons to the neighbors down the street. They are so appreciative, and they freeze the juice. She used to feed my chicken for me when I was out of town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've just reminded me I've also offered limes from my tree when there's too many for me to use.

      Delete