Pages

27 May 2019

R.I.P. Flash


Not the post I thought I would be adding today. Flash seemed to become unwell quickly from Saturday afternoon and then she stopped eating, though she would drink water and seemed quite alert.  She couldn't rise without help yesterday evening so she camped in the kitchen on her hammock bed with a blanket over her.

This morning we took her to the vet and our fears were confirmed. She had a swollen liver, and her lungs were somewhat congested. Classic signs of a dog reaching the end of it's life. PC and I gave permission for the vet to put Flash to sleep, then we brought her home to bury her. She was just as much PC's mate as mine for the last couple of years.


Flash was my shadow and my best friend, for most of the nearly 15 years of her life but, as I was always the one with the camera, I don't have any photos with both of us in them. Not that it matters as she will always be "with" me. 

The only dog that belonged to just me. The only dog that wouldn't work for anyone but me.
My "bestest" dog I used to call her....and she was. 

So long Flash, say "Hi" to the others animals who have preceeded you, from me, all of whom hold special places in my heart and memories. Shame animals don't live as long as humans.  

Robyn Louise


6 comments:

  1. I’m so sorry for your loss, Robyn. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your lovely doggie, Robyn. I used to be so heartbroken when we lost a dog. They really become part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Saying goodbye to a faithful friend is always very tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry for your loss, it's hard losing a loved one & i've lost a few over the years too; doesn't get any easier with the next either, i still bawl when i go past their little graves or the trees they are under.
    it is a shame they don't live as long as us
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the passing of your best friend Flash. They are such a huge part of our life and break our hearts when it is their time to go.

    {{{Big hugs Robyn}}}

    Tania xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very sorry to read this Robyn, your hearts must be very sore indeed...big love xoxo

    ReplyDelete