Pages

4 Feb 2013

Fabric and Food

Now that school holidays in NSW have finished, the weather is more temperate and I have more time to myself there's a few projects I want to do.

I've cut this out and hope to work on it today, and tomorrow if necessary, as I haven't tried this pattern before.


I'll make it almost to the instructions but I think I'll alternate the zipper directions or do half with the zip pulls at one end and half with them at the other to reduce bulk. I'm doing it with quilting cottons too and it bothers me that the pockets may not be strong enough to hold coins but if I line them with a plain fabric I come back to the bulk problem. I'll have to think on it a bit more.


This little pile is, hopefully, going to end up looking like one of these 


I love their tutorials and always have a little giggle when Jenny, of Missouri Star Quilt Co., says to press it "to the dark side" because of another tutorial she did.


Meanwhile, if I'm sewing, who cooks? Duh.... me of course, so I whipped up an easy vegetable impossible pie last night thinking I'd have something to munch on for a few days as the "meat and 3 veg" crew don't normally touch my rabbit food. I also had to find a way to use up some more of my zucchinis *wink*. Looks like the ever hungry female teenager has decided she likes vege pies too as she must have grabbed a slice for her school lunch today!


Ah well, at least she'll be healthy :D.

Cheers,
Robyn xo

6 comments:

  1. Pie looks delicious. have fun sewing. Lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be grabbing a slice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have a hungry teenager like that too - I have started putting signs on things if I am worried they will get eaten before tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely fabrics for your purses.
    impossible pie looks very yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are lots of bloggers out there trying to use up their glut of zucchini's - I love your pie. If I make a zucchini slice, I make a salad and cook a few lamb chops to go with it. That satisfies the meat eaters and bulks the slice out a bit.

    Thanks for the tip on cracking a stock whip - honestly I think a gun would be better! Lol!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pie is delicious :). Kim I have to hide things under foil as if my two family members here can't see it they usually don't bother to forage around the fridge. I ran into a delay with the purse making as I thought the fabrics had already been washed, as they were "scraps" I was gifted, but when I swished the greens and the black in hot water they ran. They are currently soaking overnight while I hunt around for something to sew in the interim.
    Cheers,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete