Pages

29 Aug 2012

Web Fascination

It was a cold foggy morning this morning and we haven't had one of those for a while as the wind has been fairly consistent. First thing I noticed was that I was unable to see DD catch the bus, but I could hear it slow and stop then start off again.


Where's the bus?

Not quite so foggy in the yard because of the tree cover.

Of course my assistant, Maddy, had to help out with the light settings and the view of the webs along the fence :P! 


The next thing I noticed was the bejewelled spider webs. 

Lol, you all thought I was going to talk about the internet web after the blog problems I've had lately, c'mon admit it! I know I've posted spider webs before but it still fascinates me how something so delicate, intricate, artistic and beautiful can be a means to the death of another creature. 


A web strung between the barb wire strands of the fence. Love the line of bigger 'jewels' at the bottom right where the spider has probably exited the web and smudged the dewdrops together :).


The web below is in the peach tree that is in the first photo. The sun was coming up and it changed the appearance of the web as the light changed.  Time difference between first and second photo  is 40 secs. Second to third photo is 2 mins.  The light breeze played a bit of havoc with the focus so there were some 'dud' shots in between.





What do you think - does my fascination for spider webs and their beauty make me a closet Goth, or just an appreciator of a natural art form?

Cheers, 
Robyn xo

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely post to read this morning , those spider web pictures are amazing.Fog has a magical quality doesn't it! As I write , it is nearly 6am and the fog is rolling away from the dam on our farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set of pictures.... so are you dressing in black and wearing dark lipstick too?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. problem seems to be fixed, no accounting tips today.
    love the spider web pics, I think spider webs are amazing too though I am grateful I couldn't spot the tennants. Love the pic of Maddy in the fog. Better than a gargoyle or is that the goth in you putting her up there to be one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your "WEB" Shots! LOL And The cat on the post is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got to hand it to those spiders..they really know what they're doing! The webs are so beautiful, especially with diamonds of dew on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol Robyn, I knew it would be a spider's web! They are certainly a work of art and wonderment ... but wasn't it a pea-souper of a morning!

    ReplyDelete