Pages

1 Jun 2011

Op-shopping goodies

A week or so ago I was wandering through through one of the op-shops and spotted something I just had to have, besides fabric that is! I couldn't fit it in my little car so my parents delivered to me last weekend. It will take a little work and a few modifications for my machine to fit but for $20 I couldn't just leave it there.



And of course here is the fabric I just couldn't leave there
The green and green stripe at the rear I think is ticking and each piece is 2.5m x 1.5m. A bargain at $3 a piece and definitely becoming bags. The tablerunner and doilies I'm not sure what to do with yet as there's a few options in my head and the embroideries on the front 2 pieces I just loved though I'm not sure how to remove the yellow stains from the damask and as it is in quite good order otherwise it seems a shame to waste it.

11 comments:

  1. very pretty finds!
    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bargains galore! Good finds. Op shops are great aren't they. I love those doilies too - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly had a good find in the Op Shop!! Love the table thingy, it so reminds me of my first sewing machine; it had its own very similar cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Robyn! That is one seriously cool sewing table. Once you've worked your magic on it, its going to be fabulous. And the price was certainly right, too!

    Those fabrics are also a great find. Do you have "Biz" over there in Oz? It is great stuff for removing old stains from fabrics and linens....I use it all the time. If you can't get any over there, maybe I'll try to get a little pack of it into your package I'll be mailing soon! :o)

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Robyn, is that an old machine cupboard? Love the other finds too. Op shops are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great finds Robyn, try napisan or similar on the damask.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely purchases.... I love the sewing cabinet... the size looks perfect.... always nice to find some fabric you can use....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great buys Robyn. I used napisan and biozet on some yellowed whites I had recently and then dried them flat in the sun. Worked well. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robyn :What a terrific buy. The cupboard looks great. Love the fabric and doilies. Like others I have used "napisan".Another good tip is "sodi bic and vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks as though you've a very nice cabinet for your machine. There's nothing like wood.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Robyn! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my muffins. I hope you give them a try.

    Looking forwrd to catching up with all the happenings on your blog.

    Anne @ Domesblissity

    ReplyDelete