Pages

14 May 2011

On My Mind......Swaps

Here's my practice dishcloth for the dishcloth swap that I'm involved in on down_to_earth. I need to work on the joining corner as it's a bit wonky. That's the corner in the bottom right of the photo.


Lucky the swaps don't need to arrive before 1 June as DD12 has borrowed the crochet hook and misplaced it and I don't have another anywhere near that size. Shopping day next Thursday though and a few hours of industrious crochet crochet whilst watching Dr Who and Inspector Morse should do it :).

This is the buckeye block I made for the Acorn Gatherer's swap with Linda on Our Craft Forum. I like the colouring better than the practice one and Linda likes it too.

This went together surprisingly easy and I only had to unstitch once or twice :O.
I'm in a private block swap with Mary though and I had to put the block aside or I would have set fire to it! I'm having trouble matching one of the sides to the centre square of a nine patch and after unpicking a few times and trying different ways of assembling I still can't make a half square triangle set meet the corners properly. Think I'll have to do this one again or at least redo the strip.
To see what's on the mind's of other people visit Rhonda's blog.

5 comments:

  1. That is a lovely dishcloth. I have been making facewashers for the family recently by crocheting cotton yarn. I wish I had known about the dishcloth swap earlier. I really would have loved to join. Oh well, I am sure there will be more swaps in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dishcloth is wonderful! And the block is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those crochet dishclothes, I was looking at them on etsy yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn - The dishcloth is beautiful. What you may see as an imperfection is what makes it more especial and perfect. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors of that block.

    ReplyDelete