I finally did some sewing on a FNSI. These are firsts as I haven’t done a block since the first 12” block swap I went in years ago. They were the first blocks I ever made and the pattern wasn’t quite right so it was a chore to do them so I just winged it and hoped they turned out square and mostly the right size L.
I’m quite pleased with these as the points join nicely (I’ll ignore the fact that I had to unpick one seam twice!), they were evenly square before trimming and the 2 nine patches are12 ½” though I need more practice with the half square triangles on the bullseye block as it’s only 12 ¼”.
Yeah, I know, I’m a fusspot but that’s just me.
Nine patches are destined for youngest GD’s quilt and the bullseye is a sample and will eventually go into a sample quilt if it doesn’t end up being in a bag or something else that takes my fancy!
Apologies for the photo quality as it's raining here and the light isn't good.
Thanks for looking.