Pages

16 Apr 2011

FNSI - Firsts!

I finally did some sewing on a FNSI. These are firsts as I haven’t done a block since the first 12” block swap I went in years ago. They were the first blocks I ever made and the pattern wasn’t quite right so it was a chore to do them so I just winged it and hoped they turned out square and mostly the right size L.
I’m quite pleased with these as the points join nicely (I’ll ignore the fact that I had to unpick one seam twice!), they were evenly square before trimming and the 2 nine patches are12 ½” though I need more practice with the half square triangles on the bullseye block as it’s only 12 ¼”.
Yeah, I know, I’m a fusspot but that’s just me.
Nine patches are destined for youngest GD’s quilt and the bullseye is a sample and will eventually go into a sample quilt if it doesn’t end up being in a bag or something else that takes my fancy!


8 comments:

  1. Your blocks are coming along well. Love the colours that you have chosen and I look forward to your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colours in the last block, nice and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink 9-patches and the last photo is one cool block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I'd just comment here because if I comment on my page you wont see the reply.

    For me its not about being quick about getting work done, its more that I always have several projects going at once and I'm going through some personal stuff at the moment and need distracting, so whenever my mind was wandering I changed projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely blocks Robyn,well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blocks - remember, practice makes perfect LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies. I don't normally do pinks but my DIL dresses granddaughter in pink a lot because it suits her so well and a pink quilt will be appropriate. The colourful block is my usual style.

    ReplyDelete