Pages

11 Sept 2010

Wedding and things

My forum friend Geniene is madly finishing a quilt for a wedding gift for one of her friends and she asked me to make her a card, probably as she's so busy quilting she doesn't have time to find a suitable one :P. I did some searching on the net and found a tri-shutter card at splitcoast stampers and thought it would be perfect. The video I originally viewed showed a simpler card so I followed that idea and as Geniene had sent me some epoxy stickers and some rub ons to decorate it with I had lots to work with! As I don't usually do wedding cards and it normally takes me ages to mentally design something new I was surprised that when I had all the makings scattered over the table some things just stood out as belonging together, so I put them aside, cleared a working space and came up with this..........

Top photo is front of card and bottom photo is opened out. Card also free stands quite well because of the design so it would be good for many special occasions, particularly if you had a photo to go in the centre block.

I'm quite chuffed with this :D!! Pity the poor light didn't show off the colours better as the base card is actually a nice burgundy colour

5 comments:

  1. Robyn, I haven't visited here for a while; very remiss of me!
    You have some beautiful work here!! I specially love the wedding card, real inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn
    The card arrived safely today and it is WONDERFUL. Even my hubbie said it was awesome!!! That is a big tick of approval!!!
    It looked very nice in the pics but now I have it I wish I could keep it
    Thank you a million time over
    Cheers G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Card is lovely. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn
    I didn't take a photo of the card to put on my blog!! Would I be able to borrow yours please. I want to put it in the same post as the quilt. Thanks
    Geniene.
    P.s The wedding was wonderful but they didn't open the presents or cards and when I saw her on sunday night they still hadn't!!! CRAZY that's the first thing i did the day after mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geniene, I made the card at your request so feel free to copy the pic. Thanks for asking :).
    Lol, Hmmmm...maybe they were a bit busy after their wedding renewing their acquaintance?

    ReplyDelete