Pages

30 Dec 2018

Life, the Universe and Everything

Thanks to the author Douglas Adams for the title to this post.

It seems as if 2018 overwhelmed me as I haven't had so few posts in a year since 2016, when my life was in a spin due to odd working hours, finance problems, bad landlords and an offer I couldn't refuse. Previously 2015/16 was my longest break from blog posting (199 days) but I've exceeded it this time by not blogging for 323 days in a row.

Life during 2018 was busy but, to me, confusing and sometimes depressing.
The universe seemed to conspire to interrupt my progress to advance with the pursuits I was most interested in.

There were more doctor's appointments and looking for employment.  I attended 3 courses during that period, for employment searching purposes, that kept me occupied and I had to attend 120 hours of unpaid on-the-job training, part of which was attended while I had to assist PC with his recovery from a major operation in the second half of the year.

Two of my pets died (RIP Krakatoa and Maddy Cat). I also gained another - Welcome Fibonacci, aka Wild Man, Furball or Trip Hazard!


Mad Cat or Maddy


Fibonacci being a Wild Man.


The yard and vegetable garden cleanup continued. Craftroom activities ceased due to lack of time and weather irregularities, where it was too hot/too cold to use the room. Bills rolled in and money rolled out. Any plans I made seemed to be unstarted, interrupted or came to a stop. It was a time of circling and repetitions that seemed to go nowhere.

November/December brought about a serious decline in the mental health of my Mum, who needed to be admitted to an aged care home. Five days after I arrived home from this my Step-Dad had a heart attack and is still in hospital.

With the coming of 2019 I have a new job waiting for me, the craftroom has just been upgraded with the addition of reverse cycle air-conditioning, solar electricity panels are being installed in early January and PC is well. I can only hope my Step-Dad recovers and continues to live whilever Mum is alive as she will be lost without him.

Wishing you all a new beginning for 2019, if you need it, and hoping your "everything" happens how you would like it to.

Cheers,
Robyn Louise XO




7 comments:

  1. Goodness me, Robyn you have had a tough year. I do hope 2019 is a much better year for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about the rough time you had, Robyn.

    I hope your mom and step dad will recover soon.

    I wish you and your loved ones a very happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry for your losses, losing one pet is bad enough but losing 2 is bloody awful (lost a little cat myself just before xmas)
    here's to a speedy recovery for your step dad, also hope your mum improves also
    wishing you a better year for 2019

    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a big year. Some parallels to my year too, so I'm hearin' ya. You take care of you too in the middle of all that won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and yours Health and Happiness in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Robyn, all the very best for 2019. Hoping yours and mine are in tandem and we both find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear your life isn't going as well as it could for you Robyn. Wishing you a better year in 2019. You have had a lot to deal with, and hopefully your "everythings" will begin to get better and better. Once that craft room is up and running, you should find some enthusiasm for much loved creating, and this will flow into other areas of your life.

    Take care,
    Love Tania xxx



    ReplyDelete