Pages

9 Apr 2015

Expensive week?

Spent money all over the place on all sorts of things in the last week!

A "new" bike cost me $250 plus $50 for the helmet I then needed. Mind you, the bike is about 6 months old and barely used and is almost $800 brand new for just the bike plus it has extras in the form of locking chain, lights and little carry bags for your goodies and the bike's repair/tool kit. With 27 gears I should be able to find a suitable range of speeds/torque to keep me fit :P.


I went away for the Easter long weekend to visit my daughter but the day before I left my mobile phone died :(. Purchased a new phone whilst visiting that cost me about twice as much as the bike. As I can't take a photo of it, as it is also my camera, it should last me at least 3-4 years compared to the under $100 talk/text/bit of internet varieties that I've owned previously.

Between the bike and the phone I have a lot of learning to do *roll eyes*.

Easter Saturday I surprised my eldest daughter with an early "cake" for her birthday.

         

The centre was also filled with chocolates and choc covered liquorice. If you fancy one of these, and live near the Junee Liquorice and Chocolate Factory , they are well worth it. Organic chocolate and liquorice in wonderful types and flavours. If you can't visit then you can always buy their boxed goodies online.

For someone who said she didn't eat chocolate or sweets very much my daughter managed to demolish this, mostly on her own, by the end of the long weekend :D.

I also bought myself a few things and the jar of choccies, below, which I shared amongst a few of the guys who "torment" me at the place I work. They're a good bunch and keep me alert with their humorous comments. Lucky my hair is already going grey though!


The weather is cooling off this week so I've ordered in a load of wood to burn in the wood stove but it won't be coming until after next payday.....thank goodness.

Cheers,
RobynLouise xo









8 comments:

  1. The bike looks great, Robyn. Pity about the phone. They have a habit of dying at a most inconvenient moment. I have been expecting mine to do that for some time as it is always turning itself off and on again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ensure you copy down all the numbers or save them to your sd or sim card so you don't lose them. Same with photos etc stored on the phone - move them somewhere else now.

      Delete
  2. This has not been a no spend week for you thats for sure. SOunds like you got some good deals though. Love the cake and think your bottle of boobs is very funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guys at work appreciated the chocolates.

      Delete
  3. So do you bike everywhere like Mr Money Mustache - or is the bike recreational?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bike will be transport to/from work shortly so it will save about 30km/week in petrol and wear and tear on the car. It is also 30km to town and back so one cancels out the other. Bike is also recreational and fitness related so there's a 3 in 1 purpose to it's purchase.

      Delete
  4. Hi Robyn, I'm having a 'moment' here late at night as usual, when I decided to check out some of the DTE members' blogs. I have visited yours before, but not for a while, obviously! I just LOVE those boob chocolates! Can think of half a dozen blokes who would really love them, never mind about their partners...
    Thanks for the nice clear photo of the label; I've made a note of their address and phone number, and will call them tomorrow to ask if they will post me a box of those choccies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, follow the link in the blog post as they have lots of other goodies too!

      Delete