Pages

17 Jun 2013

Gladstone Markets

Visited these markets again on Sunday and remembered to take my camera :). I know....I go nuts when I have a camera in my hand! I'm trying to keep the photos under 10 per post.

There weren't as many people there as last month and everyone was warmly dressed as the breeze off the Macleay River was chilly.





I haven't bought any of these yet but the fruity/herby smells wafting on the breeze always make me feel hungry and I love the way it's set out! The lovely proprieter was a little camera shy.



I bought a mozzarella cheese this time (haven't opened it yet) and a curry buffalo pie for lunch here. This is one of the Ausbuff boys - they really know their products and they smile a lot :) . Lol, I managed to convince myself that I'd have an ice cream next time. I'd already spoiled myself with a pie and the cheese....too much of a good thing....



These terrific ladies decided to pose for me after I bought some delicious caramel waffles to take home with me (now you know why I didn't have ice cream). Next time I'm buying the lemon myrtle waffles before they sell out as the taste test was YUM!



There's someone obscured here as they wouldn't let me post their photo but I really wanted to show the stall they help run with the gorgeous hand spun and hand made items they make.



Another stall member spinning alpaca yarn. She had to keep warming her hands. She can't spin if she's wearing shoes as she needs to "feel" how things are going.


Come back tomorrow for some touristy photos. I love the area I live in!
Cheers,
Robyn xo

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, it does look cold but what a great market. You certainly do live in a lovely area but ice cream in this weather....I think I would give that a miss too!

    ReplyDelete